Block 1 – Data Fundamentals
Learn data science basics. Explore topics like data queries, data analysis, data visualization and how statistics informs data science practices. Please choose from Course 2a or Course 2b to complete the unit.
- Course 1: Microsoft Professional Program: Introduction to Big Data
- Course 2a: Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Power BI
- Course 2b: Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Excel
- Course 3: Introduction to NoSQL Data Solutions
- Course 4: Querying Data with Transact-SQL
Unit 2 – Big Data Processing
In this unit, you will learn how to use Azure services and open source technologies to implement batch processing and real-time processing of big data. Please choose a path focused on Azure or Hadoop in Azure HDInsight and take Course 6a and 7a or Course 6b and 7b to complete the unit.
- Course 5: Delivering a Data Warehouse in the Cloud
- Course 6a: Processing Big Data with Azure Data Lake Analytics
- Course 6b: Processing Big Data with Hadoop in Azure HDInsight
- Course 7a: Processing Real-Time Data Streams in Azure
- Course 7b: Implementing Real-Time Analytics with Hadoop in Azure HDInsight
Unit 3 – Big Data Analysis Solutions
In this unit you will learn how to build workflow solutions that automate regular data processing and movement tasks, and apply predictive analytics to big data. Please continue with the programming language you selected in Unit 2. Select Course 9a, Course 9b, or Course 9c to complete the unit.
- Course 8: Orchestrating Big Data with Azure Data Factory
- Course 9a: Developing Big Data Solutions with Azure Machine Learning
- Course 9b: Analyzing Big Data with Microsoft R
- Course 9c: Implementing Predictive Analytics with Spark in Azure HDInsight
Unit 4 - Capstone Project
In this final capstone project, you will apply everything you have learned to take on a big data processing challenge.
- Course 10: Microsoft Professional Capstone : Big Data